Tire Pressure Insights by TPMS
Fuel & Oil – Checked. Brakes – Checked. Lights – Checked! Air Condition – Checked! All set for the trip!! Did you miss something? Have you checked tire pressure?
Getting the right air pressure in your vehicle’s tires is crucial to ensuring a safe, efficient, and comfortable drive. So, how do you know if the air pressure in your vehicle’s tires is appropriate or not? Fortunately, the best solution Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) is now easily available
Installed Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) in your vehicle means you are driving with a safe set of tires. As a result of advancements in Telematics technology, fleet managers get tire pressure insights along with fleet management. This integration of TPMS with Vehicle Tracking System (VTS) delivers a great solution to the fleet owners and prevents them from road accidents.
To analyze the air pressure, the Direct TPMS works with the tire pressure monitoring sensors that are embedded within each tire or on the valve stem. Best suited for Cars, Buses and Commercial Vehicles, the TPMS offers the following insights to the fleet manager.
Air Pressure in the Tires
The system sends tire pressure data to a centralized control module where it’s analyzed or interpreted. If the tire pressure is lower than it should be, then it provides early warning of pressure loss, before the tire is damaged.
The tire pressure monitoring sensors mounted to the tires also sense the tire temperature generated due to the friction between the vehicle tires and the road. Thus, the system provides an accurate tire temperature reading of your fleet.
Tire Performance & Maintenance
Reviewing your tire pressure regularly and adjusting it to recommended levels will result in optimal tire performance, fuel efficiency and road safety. The TPMS provides various reports like tire performance, tire maintenance, and detailed expense reports.
BENEFITS OF TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM
- Detecting and eliminating tire pressure problems early improves drivability and prevents accidents caused due to under-inflated tires.
- A tire with 20% less pressure than the recommended level shortens the lifetime of the tire. The TPMS helps to extend the lifetime of a tire.
- TPMS allows optimum tire inflation, reduce fuel consumption and CO2 emission.
- The TPMS enhances the optimum utilization of tires and offers efficient tire management to the fleet manager.
- While parked or in stationary mode, depending on the manufacturer, sensors may transmit periodically or when sensors detect a pressure change.
- Real-time tire monitoring removes the need for manual tire air pressure inspection and eliminates roadside breakdowns.
The Vehicle Tracking System integrated with Tire Pressure Monitoring System is specifically engineered to meet the challenges of fleet management in reducing tire maintenance and fuel costs while increasing safety. Are you looking for implementing TPMS in your fleet? Know more about the system and how it can streamline your fleet management operations from the Telematics Experts.