Taking a step towards the betterment of Indian Public and Commercial Transportation, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has come up with an Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) which is a segment of Automotive Industry Standard (AIS) – 140. Before we discuss what new surprises AIS-140 has reserved for you, it is important to understand what is AIS 140 standard and what are its benefits.
What is AIS-140?
The Indian government made it mandatory for all public and commercial vehicles that commute people to get AIS-140 certified vehicle trackers, camera surveillance and emergency request buttons. The vehicle tracking systems installed in vehicles are for transmitting the location of the vehicle in real-time along with all other vehicle related metrics and thus, meet all the criteria of comfort, safety, efficiency and quality of service.
Benefits of AIS-140
- Ensuring safety and comfort with real-time vehicle tracking, driver behavior monitoring, cost optimization solutions and many other.
- Vehicles will be attached with a vehicle tracking server manned by the Indian government and thus, ensuring easy compliance.
- Cloud-based data storage will help vehicle owners with real-time vehicle updates coming from a tracking device that is fitted to the vehicles.
- The Vehicle Tracking System will pop up an alert when the tracking device is being tampered.
- The fleet managers will be able to know about the fuel consumption, engine health, idling, etc., and ensure fleet maintenance right on time.
- The vehicle tracking system will allow the driver to map out the routes, thus taking the shortest route in the minimum time possible.
- The system empowers fleet managers to monitor driver behavior remotely, and thus, eliminating the traffic rules flouting, drunk driving, over speeding, etc.
Therefore, the benefits of this mandate, i.e. AIS-140 have heightened public safety, efficiency, and optimizing the public transport system. For more information regarding AIS-140 Tracking Solutions, you can reach us.
Looking for AIS – 140 Solutions for your business? We offer you the best services with Vehicle Tracking Systems (VTS) and Fleet Management solutions. Request for FREE Demo now!!
- ADAS (3)
- AIS 140 (1)
- Case Study (3)
- Connected Vehicles (2)
- Consignment (2)
- Construction Vehicles (1)
- Driver Monitoring (1)
- Emergency Vehicles (1)
- Employee Tracking (1)
- Fleet Management (3)
- Fuel Monitoring (2)
- MDVR (1)
- Milk Collection (1)
- News Update (1)
- School Bus Management (2)
- Telematics (6)
- Tire Pressure (1)
- Travel bus (1)
- Vehicle Tracking (2)
- Waste Management (1)